Here’s my 2nd installment in my “I’ll Show You Mine” series. People often ask me what I wear during races and why, so I thought this was a great way of listing what I wear, why I love it, and what keeps me fueled during specific races.
I’m sure you all know by now that I don’t often go anywhere without my favorite Newton Distance U’s on my feet. So, it’s no surprise that these were my choice of shoe for this race. Super light-weight and sexy as all get out! These are a staple in my running shoe arsenal.
- Bright pink, yes I know also very surprising 😉 , CEP running compression socks. These are my go-to compression socks, I love how they feel on my calves, like a tight comforting hug. They increase blood flow, therefore; providing you with better circulation, which means better blood supply to your muscles! I wear these during my races, they are also a very important part of my recovery post-race too.
- Nike Slim Fit Training shorts. These sweat-wicking shorts are pretty new to my running wardrobe, but they are my new favorites! They have a wide waistband so they lay nice and flat (no muffintop ladies), a decent gusset, so there won’t be any ummm…front butt making an appearance, if you know what I mean ;p They are also pretty good at staying put in the back, so if you’re worried about being “cheeky” these short shorts are a good pick.
Nike Relay Strappy Tank. This is one of the cutest and most functional tanks that I own. It’s made of the Dri-FIT fabric which helps wick the sweat, it’s super light weight and breezy and it comes in tons of cute colors, I also love that it’s design is a little different with it’s cut-out straps.
- Lululemon Flow Y Bra IV. I own more than one of these bras and they are prefect for this not-so-top-heavy girl. It provides enough support for my itty bitty girls and allows me to have lots of movement and no chafing. I highly recommend this bra for you ladies that are a size A or B cup.
- Helium 2-Bottle Hydration Belt by Fuel Belt. Like I’ve mentioned before, this is my comfort item. Yes I realize fuel belts are a love it or hate it item, I happen to love mine. I love it’s no-jiggle, no-wiggle, no-bounce design. I also added on another pouch so I can carry my ID, my iphone (so I can snap pics for my blogs 😉 ) and plenty of nutrition.
Ryder’s Eyewear HEX Interchangeable lens Sunglasses. First of all a HUGE thank you to Ryder’s Eyewear for providing me with these sexy, badass, hot pink glasses! I recently broke my running glasses (aka dropped them in a public toilet) and was in need of a new pair. Ryder’s were kind enough to provide me with these to try out and I must say, I think I’m in love. The glasses come with 3 interchangeable lenses, grey, rose and clear, for this race I chose the grey lenses since they are the darkest and work best in very bright conditions. The frame is super lightweight and has anti-slip nose pads and temple tips to avoid slipping and sliding even when you’re super sweaty from running.
- Garmin Forerunner 110 watch. I can’t leave home without it! It keeps me in check when it comes to maintaining my pace, one of my must-have gadgets!
- Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Fizz (grape flavor). Grape is one of my favorite flavors and Hammer does a great job at making these fizzy, dissolving electrolyte tablets very tasty. I pop one in each of my fuel belt bottles and take a couple spares in my belt for later on in the race. Also the grape flavor preps my palate for my post-race celebratory glass(es) of wine and champagne. 🙂
- Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews (Cherry Blossom flavor and Caffeinated Lime-Ade). I prefer chews over gels because I like that I can do portion control. Sometimes during a long run I have trouble “making” myself eat an entire gel pack in one go, so having the option to munch down as many or as few of these at a time as I like is ideal. I also like to mix in some caffeinated chews with the regular ones to add in a little extra kick of pep to help get my booty across that finish line!
So there you have it, I showed you MINE, now show me YOURS! What’s your go-to shoe? Do you run with a fuel belt, hand-held bottle or nothing at all? Do you go commando for that extra light-weight, easy-breezy feeling? 🙂 Let me know in the comments below or shoot me an email, a tweet or a comment!