One of the most common questions I get asked is what do I wear when I run. So I’m going to give you the run down on what I wore head to toe for the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon this past Sunday. Running attire is an incredibly personal thing, what works for me may not work for you and sometimes it’s a game of hit or miss, fingers crossed that those “misses” occur during a relatively short run during training and not in the middle a half marathon.
- Gorgeous, bright orange Newton Gravitas. I LOVE these shoes more than I love my favorite pair of heels. So much in fact that I was drooling over a new pair on the Newton website tonight…I just need to somehow justify buying a 2nd pair a mere 5 months after I bought these ones.
- Lululemon knee-high compression socks. I’ve had these socks for quite a long time now and they are my favorite! I haven’t been able to find them in Lulu stores for a looong time and I fear that they’ve discontinued them. I love the circulation support that these socks give me and as an added bonus; they look super cute too!
- Lululemon Run Speed Short in black. It’s no secret I love me some Lululemon gear. I’ve had these particular shorts for a while now too, they’ve stood the test of time and I keep coming back to them.
- Lululemon Power Y Tank in blue underneath my Run: Swiftly Tech long sleeve shirt in sprinkler. You’ll find my review on the Run:Swiftly top here.
Helium 2-bottle (7 oz) hydration belt. This is my ultimate comfort item. I feel naked without it. From the moment I started using this belt I’ve never looked back, it’s super comfy, doesn’t jiggle or bounce and I barely even notice that I have it on at all. Big thumbs up!
- Ryders “Duchess” Sunglasses in black. Another comfort item of mine.
So, there you have it! I showed you mine, now show me yours! What do YOU wear when you run? Do you have any comfort items or must haves?